The Executive Director, Gender Awareness Trust and the board chair of Diamond Development Initiative at the Training course on Governance and Leadership at the Amnesty International office London on 12th March, 2019.
The Course Board Leadership Stage 1 which is the first of two one day courses is for new and experienced chairs and chief executives. The course is designed to build a high –performance board, delivering valuable insights into key areas of responsibility for chairs and CEOs and providing ideas to keep the board moving forward.
- Board Leadership stage 1 focuses on the following areas;
- Roles and expectation of chairs.
- Ensuring boards fulfill their governance role.
- Making informed decisions.
- Making sure your board is addressing the right issues.
- Tackling difficult/sensitive situations and learning from others’ mistakes.
- Building a successful chair/CEO relationship.
- Chair/CEO and CEO/board relationship.
- A chance to raise any other governance issue.