Gender Awareness Trust Participated at the Training of Trainersfor Building Womenís Capacities for Conflict Analysis and Prevention in WestAfrica and the Sahel.
The training was organized by United Nationís Office for West Africa and theSahel (UNOWAS), ECOWAS, KAIPTC and UNSSC.
Participants were drawn from some countries of West Africaand the Sahel namely; Benin-Republic, Burkina Faso, Cotedívoire, Gambia, Ghana,Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Nigeria and Togo.
The training took place from 13th to 18th of May 2019 at the KofiAnan International Peace keeping Centre, Accra, Ghana.
Theobjective of the training is to;
- . Introduce basic steps and methodologies used inUNSSC conflict analysis workshops
- . Experience applying of relevant tools toconflict issues relevant to a countryís context
- . Share experiences and opportunities for women toplay a greater peace making role
- . Review the roles and skills of a mediator
- . Explore ways to link local/national/civilsociety to regional mediation and peace building efforts
- . Encourage peer learning and Networking
- . Commit to follow up actions, leveraging on thistraining network and multiply training impact